Take your child on a sensory adventure with hands-on cooking workshops!
In each workshop, children will discover new flavors by creating sweet or savory treats with seasonal fruits or vegetables. Children will stimulate their five senses and develop motor skills as they smell mint, taste rhubarb, shape brioche, and play with shapes and colors. They will increase their French vocabulary, learn about utensils and ingredients, and of course, enjoy the treats they have created.
No prior French required. Take any 2 or more workshops and save $5 per workshop.
Winter: Jan 11–Mar 22
Wednesdays — 10:30-11:30am / 3:30-4:30pm / 5-6pm
- Jan 11—Brioche des rois à l’orange (Orange kings cake)
- Jan 18—Bouchées saveur carottes (Cheesy carrot bites)
- Jan 25—Tatin de poires (Vanilla pear tatin)
- Feb 1 —Clafoutis poireaux (Leek clafoutis)
- Feb 8—Pain aux pommes rôties (Roasted apple bread)
- Feb 15—Biscuits vichyssoise (Potato parsnip biscuits)
- Feb 22—Tarte au citron (Lemon pie barres)
- Mar 1—Biscuits aux artichauts (Artichoke crackers)
- Mar 8—Petits pains mandarine muesli (Tangerine muesli petits pains)
- Mar 15—Pain pita aux épinards (Spinach pita bread)
- Mar 22—Fougasse du printemps (Spring fougasse)
Workshops are led by Sylvie Berger.
Sylvie worked as a pastry assistant at La Grande Epicerie as well as a consultant for Cuisine TV in Paris before moving to New York. She has developed culinary programs for kids of all ages in both English and French.
Course Code: WKAPPCOOK
$40 per workshop
$35 per workshop if you take two or more
Max 12 kids per workshop.
At least one parent or care-giver must attend with the child.
Take any 2 or more workshops and save!