Take your child on a wonderful sensory adventure with FIAF's hands-on cooking workshops!
In each workshop, children will discover new flavors of the season by creating different sweet or savory treats with seasonal fruits or vegetables. Children will stimulate their five senses and develop motor skills as they smell mint, taste rhubarb, shape brioche, and play with shapes and colors. Children will increase their French vocabulary, learn about utensils and ingredients, and of course, enjoy the treats they have created.
No prior French required.
Wednesday, from 10:30-11:30am, 3:30-4:30pm or 5-6pm
- Sept 28—Clafoutis aux prunes (plum clafoutis)
- Oct 5—Pommes duchesses aux épinards (Spinach potato puffs)
- Oct 12—Chaussons aux pommes (Apple pocket pie)
- Oct 19—Tatin de champignons (Mushroom tatin)
- Oct 26—Mousse de yaourt aux potirons (Pumpkin yogurt mousse)
- Nov 2—Falafel à la courge (Winter squash Falafel)
- Nov 9—Verrine compote d’automne (Autumn fruit parfait)
- Nov 16—Croquettes de choux fleurs (Cauliflower tots)
- Nov 30—Petits beurres aux airelles (Cranberry butter cookies)
- Dec 7—Canneles de patate douce (Sweet potato cannele)
- Dec 14—Moelleux au chocolat (Molten chocolate cake)
Take any 2 or more workshops and save!
Workshops are led by Sylvie Berger.
Sylvie worked as a pastry assistant at La Grande Epicerie as well as a consultant for Cuisine TV in Paris before moving to New York. She has developed culinary programs for kids of all ages in both English and French.
Course Code: WKAPPCOOK
$40 per workshop
$35 per workshop if you take two or more
Max 12 kids per workshop.
At least one parent or care-giver must attend with the child.