Blended Learning Class
10 weeks, once per week, 90 minutes class time + 90 minutes of independent study
Total 30 hours (15 hours of class time + 15 hours of independent study)
The French Blended Learning course is specially designed to give you greater flexibility in when, where, and how you learn French. It is ideal for students who want to make progress on their French quickly but have limited amount of time to commit to attending class.
The blended learning method combines the advantages of face-to-face instruction with the convenience of online activities, providing students the best of both worlds. Once a week, for 90 minutes, you’ll participate in an immersive class led by one of our expert native-speaking French teachers. After class, you’ll enhance your studies by completing 90 mintues of exercises on your own on an interactive online platform. Using the latest learning methods and engaging multimedia content, you’ll improve your reading, writing, and listening comprehension skills.
Benefits of the blended learning method:
- Expert face-to-face instruction combined with world-class online activities.
- An experienced French instructor will support you for the entire duration of the course and provide regular feedback on your progress.
- An interactive online learning platform rich in multimedia content.
- A curriculum that matches our regular General French courses but offers greater flexibility.
- Individual and group assignments that encourage independent thinking as well as conversation and camaraderie with fellow students.
- An online chat feature to interact with fellow students and your teacher.
To succeed in this class, you should be:
- Comfortable using a computer or tablet, able to navigate the internet with ease, and familiar with Google applications
- Willing to study independently using interactive learning platforms
- Able to attend class once a week for 90 minutes on a designated day, at a specific time
- Able to dedicate the mandatory 90 minutes per week outside of class time in order to complete assignments by the deadlines and keep progressing with the class
Curriculum Details for Intermediate B1 Level 1
Book: Cosmopolite 3
Units: 1, 2
At this level, you’ll work to reinforce oral and written communication skills while also working your way up to communicating personal interests. You’ll also learn to express ideas, aspirations, and opinions. At the end of this level, you’ll be able to handle traveling or living in Francophone countries as well as understand the main points of conversations with native French-speakers.
With engaging multimedia activities, texts, and course books, you will learn to ask for written advice, characterize places, express wishes and purposes, negotiate, and more. Culturally, you will focus on moving to a new place, daily life in a Francophone country and day to day problems. At the end of this class, you will be able to situate conversations more complexly into space and time as well as use deeper and more enriched vocabulary.
Level B1.1 is the first sub-level of the Intermediate B1 level. The Intermediate B1 level consists of four sub-levels: B1.1, B1.2, B1.3, and B1.4.