Spring classes will start live on Zoom the week of Monday, April 6. Lessons will take place online while we are closed and will switch to in-person lessons at FIAF as soon as we are able to reopen.
90-minute / 2-hour classes: You meet on Zoom for the full duration of the class.
3-hour classes: The first 90 minutes of class will be live on Zoom. You will then receive 90 minutes of independent and mandatory work to be completed at your convenience before your next class. The offline activities are a full part of your weekly class. You will be able to connect with your teacher at anytime via an online platform if you have any questions.
Prepare for your next trip to France with these workshops in English and French that focus on useful French language and culture tips!
$50 per workshop
Led by Thierry Bidault
Fri, April 10, from 5:30-7pm: Six Regions to Visit
This workshop in English is intended to help you in preparing your next trip and choosing a region. It covers six regions outside Paris that deserve to be visited.
- The « Ile de France » region, around Paris, including 6 superb castles, 2 cathedrals, 2 museums, and several locations you probably don’t know (yet)
- The Champagne region including the cities of wine Reims and Epernay, and the middle-age city of Troyes
- The Alsace region including Strasbourg, the Route des vins, Colmar and the Rhine River
- The Normandy region with Monet’s house in Giverny, the impressionist harbor of Honfleur, Bayeux and Queen Matilda’s Tapestry, Caen and William the Conqueror’s castle, the Invasion Beaches, and the Mont Saint Michel
- The Loire Valley region including the « royal » city Blois, 7 of the most superb castles such as Amboise, Chambord, Chenonceau, Ussé, Villandry, and the last residence of Leonardo Da Vinci
- The Provence and Riviera including the Roman cities of Arles and Nîmes, the Pont du Gard, Avignon, Marseille and the If Island, the Porquerolles Island, the Camargue area and Monaco.
Fri, April 17, from 5:30-7pm: French expressions and vocabulary for a trip
This workshop in both English and French is intended to help you in visiting France comfortably.
You will learn every day French expressions and/or vocabulary you could need, and discover uses and tricky facts. It includes tips for shopping, driving, ordering food, using transportation systems, safety, etc., and for avoiding basic problems.