The Annecy International Animation Film Festival is the biggest animated film festival in the world. It annually brings animation lovers from around the globe to discover the latest animated gems, current and future trends, and meet filmmakers and creators.
Straight from the 2020 edition, the first to be held on a virtual platform, this program of films includes a series of notable award-winning shorts such as Genius Loci (2021 César short list). They are bookended by two tailor-made sequences created by second-year students from Gobelins, l’École de l’Image (Paris).
With English subtitles
- Awoko 70’s, Dir. Rose Gallerand, Caroline Leibel, Faustine Merle, Claire Pellet, May Taraud, and Chloé Van Becelaere; 2020; 1 min
- Wade (La Noyade), Dir. Upamanyu Bhattacharyya and Kalp Sanghvi, 2019, 11 min
- Genius Loci, Dir. Adrien Mérigeau, 2019, 16 min
- Pile, Dir. Toby Auberg, 2019, 3 min
- Homeless Home, Dir. Alberto Vazquez Rico, 2020, 15 min
- Physics of Sorrow (Physique de la tristesse), Dir. Theodore Ushev, 2019, 27 min
- Kinshasa 2100, Dir. Florian De Chelle, Marine Corbineau, Valentin Giuili, Armand Goxe, Marin Inbona, Alexis Maurice, and Tom Rameaux; 2020, 1 min