Over the course of her three-decade career in animation, Florence Miailhe has created a small but precious body of award-winning films.
A painter as well, her artistry shows through trademark techniques of using pastels or hand-painting each frame. Her richly picturesque films often explore subjects such as femininity, the human body, and desire. Miailhe has also employed less conventional methods in her animation such as using sand as a medium in Méandres, and creating the lyrical 25 passage des oiseaux on the pinscreen instrument, an 80-year-old technique that was featured during Animation First 2019.
Miailhe will also discuss her upcoming feature, The Crossing, in a special discussion.
In French with English subtitles
- A Summer Night Rendez-Vous (Au premier dimanche d’août), 2000, 11 min
- Urban Tale (Conte de quartier), 2006, 15 min
- Hammam, 1991, 8 min
- Texture of Dreams (Matières à rêver), 2006, 6 min
- Meanders (Méandres), 2013, 23 min
- Schéhérazade, 1995, 16 min
- 25 passage des oiseaux, 2016, 4 min