Join the FIAF Team
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) is the leading French language and cultural center in the U.S. FIAF’s mission is to create and offer New Yorkers innovative and unique programs in education and the arts that explore the evolving diversity and richness of French cultures. We seek to generate new ideas and promote cross-cultural dialogue through partnerships and new platforms of expression.
FIAF is an American, private, not-for-profit 501(c)(3), non-governmental organization incorporated in the state of New York.
Current Career Opportunities at FIAF
The Montclair Branch of the French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF), is looking for a full-time French teacher for its A petits pas classes, a French program designed for toddlers and preschoolers (ages 2-5). The teacher will be responsible for planning and implementing developmentally-appropriate activities designed to teach French, while promoting social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth in toddler and preschool-aged children.
1. Foster enthusiasm for active participation in the learning process.
2. Understand the developmental milestones of young children.
3. Promote learning in the areas of social-emotional, language, cognitive, and physical development.
4. Plan and implement an age-appropriate, challenging curriculum for children. Develop lesson plans that are meaningful and age-appropriate.
5. Provide a wide variety of learning opportunities, including individual, both for small and large group activities, both indoors and outdoors.
6. Listen and respond to parents’ and caregivers’ concerns in a responsible, constructive, and resourceful manner.
7. Attend weekly lesson-planning meetings.
8. Establish and maintain appropriate standards of student behavior utilizing a variety of behavior management strategies and techniques.
9. Actively seek opportunities for professional development in early childhood education.
10. Ensure the physical safety of children through anticipation and removal of hazards, visual observation of children active or at rest, and by appropriately responding to potential injuries.
11. Work in a team, share information, and build positive working relationships.
12. Actively support the school’s philosophy and community, and enforce its policies.
13. Integrate meaningful and appropriate use of technology within the curriculum.
Qualified candidates must:
Be native speakers (or have an equivalent level) of English,
Have a Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education (Master’s degree preferred),
Must be certified to teach in New Jersey, or certified French equivalent with 3 years’ comparable experience (French immersion program).
All candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
About FIAF Montclair
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF), is the premier destination for French language and culture in the tristate area, it offers French classes, workshops, and social events for all ages and levels in Montclair, New Jersey. www.fiaf.org/newjersey
Please e-mail cover letter and resume in French. Candidates will also submit the title of a French book suitable for 3 year-olds preschool-aged children including a progression and one sequence preparation to: Marie-Catherine Glaser, Director of FIAF Montclair Language center, at email@example.com
Reports To: Directors of Communications and Digital Advertising
Designation: Exempt Full-Time
Position Summary: French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) seeks an experienced, highly-organized, and resourceful coordinator for a fast-paced marketing and communications department.
- Work with the Director of Communications and the Director of Digital Advertising on all integrated marketing and publicity efforts, including email marketing and press outreach for FIAF’s language center, cultural events, and special events
- Maintain calendar and implement social media strategy across all FIAF channels
- Act as inter-departmental trafficker and proofreader to ensure consistency of FIAF style and brand messaging across all print, web, video, and digital assets
- Manage and cultivate partnerships to increase visibility for FIAF, including school outreach, promotional programs, and trades with similar organizations
- Monitor and maintain press coverage and media lists using press contact database
- Coordinate photo/video needs for the department and maintain archive for both
- Process departmental invoices and assist in managing multiple marketing budgets
- Analyze web traffic, social media, and digital advertising reports to help inform new strategies and campaigns
FIAF’s Principal Activities:
- Language programs in NY and NJ
- Cultural programs, including two large-scale, multi-disciplinary performing arts festivals per year
- Cinema (weekly film series, special film premieres, Animation Festival)
- Special events (Art de vivre series specializing in fashion, décor, beauty, etc.)
- Talks, conferences, panel discussions, and lectures with authors, politicians, celebrities, etc.
- Art exhibitions
- Culinary/wine events
- Children’s programs and educational outreach
A minimum of 2 years of proven successful experience in marketing or public relations is preferred. The individual must also possess excellent writing and presentation skills with a strong eye for details. The ideal candidate is a reliable self-starter with an ability to take initiative and follow through with measurable results. The individual must be able to make timely and quality decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, humor, and good judgement, and must be able to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment. Excellent human relations skills are a must, as is the ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment. French language skills are ideal, though not required.
Benefits include: Life, health, dental and vision insurance, generous vacation policy, FIAF Membership (includes free film screenings and invitations to a variety of cultural and arts-focused events), relaxed work environment.
To Apply: Qualified applicants should send resume and thoughtful cover letter including salary requirements to Sarah Zafrani Sidi, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we will only be able to contact those that we would like to meet for interviews. No phone calls.
Le Centre de Langue du FIAF recrute des professeurs de FLE
Des professeurs de FLE pour ses programmes adultes
Des professeurs de FLE pour ses programmes enfants (1 à 17 ans)
- A Petits Pas (APP) : 1 à 4 ans
- Kids & Teens (K&T) : 5 à 17 ans
Pour ses 2 implantations :
- Manhattan (NY): 22 East 60th Street (entre Madison et Park Avenues)
- Montclair (NJ) : 7 North Willow Street Suite 7, NJ 07042
Le ou la candidat(e) doit :
- Avoir une expérience de l’enseignement à des enfants et /ou des adolescents et/ou des adultes dans un même établissement pendant une durée minimale de 6 mois.
- Etre diplômé(e) en français langue étrangère (Master FLE, DAEFLE ou équivalent) ou en tant que maître des écoles.
- Etre dynamique, enthousiaste, consciencieux (se), créatif (ve), formé(e) aux nouvelles technologies, bon sens du relationnel avec les étudiants, les enfants et les parents, ouvert(e) au travail en équipe.
- Etre disponible en semaine et le samedi (emploi rémunéré à l’heure)
- En journée de 9h30 à 17h30 pour les enfants.
- Essentiellement en soirée de 17h45 à 21h pour les adultes (mais aussi en journée à partir de 9h30).
- Le samedi de 9h30 à 16h30
Dans tous les cas, les candidats doivent être :
- De langue maternelle française.
- En possession d’un permis de travail américain. Le FIAF ne sponsorise pas ses professeurs pour un visa que ce soit administrativement ou financièrement.
- D’un niveau d’anglais égal ou supérieur à B1 (cf CECR)
Quel(s) programme(s) vous intéresse(nt) ?
- Le programme A petits Pas (APP) pour les enfants de 1 à 4 ans et/ou le programme Kids & Teens pour les enfants et adolescents de 5 à 17 ans, Elisabeth Spettel email@example.com
- Le programme Adults, Guillaume Lefèvre firstname.lastname@example.org
Si vous pensez que votre profil peut convenir pour plusieurs programmes, merci d’envoyer votre candidature dans un email unique en mettant la personne en charge du programme en copie. Merci de préciser les implantations qui vous intéressent.
Si vous postulez pour Montclair, merci de mettre Marie-Catherine Glaser (email@example.com) en copie. Votre candidature ne sera considérée comme complète et recevable qu’après réception de votre lettre de motivation (en français) ainsi que votre CV.
FIAF Montclair is looking for enthusiastic teachers of French as foreign language to teach French language and culture to young children, teens and adults. The teacher will plan, implement and assess lessons and will teach with patience and creativity. FIAF Montclair is a branch of the French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF) in Manhattan offering language-learning programs for adults, toddlers (ages 1-4), kids (5-10) and teens (11-17) from beginner to advanced levels, including French for native-speakers.
- Design and follow a complete teaching plan about French language and culture
- Organize learning material and resources
- Use a variety of activities and instructional methods relevant to the audience to stimulate the learning process and the students’ abilities
- Assess students’ performance and progress to ensure they are mastering the skills on regular basis
- Monitor students’ interactions in the classroom and nurture cooperation and sharing
- Cooperate with administration staff
- Follow and comply with FIAF teaching standards
- Assist in the development and organization of educational, cultural and social activities to help grow the FIAF members’ community in its Montclair, NJ location
- Participate in development and collaboration for events within and outside of FIAF to attract new students and members
- Native French-speaker or equivalent proficiency, ability to communicate clearly in English
- Proven working experience as a teacher of French as a foreign language
- Excellent knowledge of latest education theories and practices in the field of foreign language teaching
- Excellent knowledge of the French and Francophone cultures
- Creative and artistic teaching abilities
- Teaching and organization skills
- Patience and flexibility
- Strong communication skills
- Keep abreast with the latest trends and best practices
- Master’s degree in teaching French as a foreign language or relevant bachelor’s degree/certificate (Licence FLE, DAEFLE, or equivalent)
- Artistic skills a plus (performing or visual arts)
This position requires the candidate to be available between 7:30am and 9pm on weekdays, from 9am to 4pm on Saturdays.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Marie-Catherine Glaser firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the large number of applicants we receive, we will only be able to contact those that we would like to meet for interviews.
Interested in an internship with FIAF’s Cultural Events Department, Development Department, Language Center, or Finance & Administration Department? Please send all internship requests (your resume and a cover letter) in English to email@example.com. Internships at FIAF have a minimum duration of 6-12 months. Candidates should apply for a specific department and indicate their availability. Interested candidates should apply well in advance.
FIAF always needs des amis to bring our programs to life!
Volunteering is one of the easiest and most essential ways to support FIAF. Our dynamic, year-round activities offer a wide range of flexible opportunities that provide behind-the-scenes access to our signature events from our Bastille Day celebration and annual black-tie Gala, to high-profile cultural events, fundraising campaigns, and more.
It is a great opportunity to enjoy the best of French culture and meet fellow francophiles!
To learn about upcoming opportunities, please contact Lena Opper at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646 388 6607.
FIAF is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, marital status, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, citizenship status protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.