FIAF Health & Safety Protocols for In-Person Events and Classes
Watch the video below to prepare for your visit to FIAF
The health and well-being of our members, students, visitors, and staff are our number one priority.
FIAF strictly follows guidelines recommended by the CDC and public health authorities regarding COVID-19. We have put in place rigorous protocols to make your visit as safe and stress-free as possible including the following:
- Everyone over the age of 2 is required to wear a face mask at all times while at FIAF. If you do not have an acceptable mask (including but not limited to cloth-based face coverings and disposable masks that cover both the nose and mouth), FIAF will provide one for your use.
- You must maintain physical distancing of 6 feet from others at all times. Our classrooms have been set up to ensure social distancing guidelines are maintained. Seats in our theater have been set up as pods of 1, 2, 3, or 4 seats to ensure that you are only seated with your own party. Seats around each pod are blocked out to ensure social distancing. For events with reserved seating, you must sit in the seat listed on your ticket. For general admission events, you (and members in your group) will be seated by the usher in socially-distanced pods. Groups may need to be split up depending on available seats.
- Prior to entry into the building, visitors must complete a secure COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire. The questionnaire will be emailed to ticket buyers the morning of the event for which they have purchased a ticket. It will be emailed to students prior to the start of their first class. FIAF respects your privacy and any information shared on the questionnaire will be kept confidential.
- Your temperature will be checked at the door with a contact-less thermometer. If your temperatures is greater than or equal to 100.4°F, you will be denied entry to FIAF.
- In-person ticket purchase as well as Will Call are not available. All tickets will be electronic and must be purchased in advance of every program. Ticket sales close 6 hours before event start time. Purchase your ticket at fiaf.org or by contacting the Box Office at 212-355-6160 (Mon-Fri, 12pm-5pm) or email@example.com. A link to your ticket will be delivered via SMS text or email. Event attendees must present electronic tickets on arrival for scanning at the theater. We recommend that you download your tickets on your smartphone or save them to your mobile wallet. Screenshots or print-outs of tickets are not acceptable.
- For handicap accessible entrance or seating, please contact the Box Office at 212-355-6160 (Mon-Fri, 12pm-5pm) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seating capacity in the theater is restricted in accordance with New York guidelines. Please plan to arrive at the theater 30 minutes before the start of the event. No late seating is allowed. You will not be admitted into the theater within 5 minutes of the published start time.
- If you are unwell, please do not come to the event. Contact email@example.com within 24 hrs of event for a full refund.
- There will be no coat check. Please bring as little as possible with you.
- No food or beverages (except water) are allowed in the theater.
- Convenient hand sanitizer stations are available on each FIAF floor and in common areas including the theater lobby.
- Our HVAC system has been upgraded to ensure proper air circulation and filtration.
- All our venues are thoroughly and frequently cleaned. Deep cleaning of all classrooms, reception area, and other spaces is done every day. All classroom and other high-touch surfaces are disinfected with anti-microbial cleaning products following every class / event.
- FIAF will collect contact information of all ticket holders, students, members, artists, visitors, and staff for contact tracing purposes.